What is 5G Technology?
As reputed 5G training providers we are going to discuss concepts, challenges and applications of 5g in this article. 5G is the next generation of mobile broadband that will eventually replace or at least augment 4G LTE Connection.
LTE is standard for wireless broadband communication for mobile devices and data terminals. 5G offers faster download and upload speed than 4G. 5G will offer a 1 Gbps download speed which is 100 times faster than the existing data speed.
5G will deliver multi Gbps peak rates, massive capacity, and a more uniform user experience. Latency or the time it takes to communicate devices with the network will also drastically decrease.
5g will also improve network stability and energy efficiency.
Why is 5G in the news in recent days?
The department of telecommunication sought inputs from the telecom industry on the sale and use of 5G radio frequency spectrum for the next ten years.
Evolution of 1st Generation to 5th Generation:
• 1G was launched in the 1980s and worked on analog radio signals and supported only voice calls.
• 2G was Launched in the 1990s which uses digital radio signals and supported both voice and data transmission with a Bandwidth of 64 Kbps.
• 3G was launched in the 2000s with a speed of 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps and it can transmit telephone signals including digitized voice, video calls, and conferencing.
• 4G was launched in 2009 with a peak speed of 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps and it also enables 3D virtual reality.
Advantages of 5G
• 5G is expected to offer enhanced mobile broadband that can meet high coverage requirements.
• 5G can diversify services and has the potential to demonstrate spectral efficiency.
• High data speed of 5G Network might help cloud systems to stream software updates, music, and navigation data.
• 5G will help to incorporate Artificial Intelligence into our daily lives.
• It will also facilitate the ecosystem for the Internet of Things (IoT).
• It will help in the digital growth of the country that will result in the rise of GDP and employment generation in the country
Challenges in 5G Technology
- The promised speed of 5G is difficult to achieve considering the incompetent technology support in most parts of the world.
- Many of the old devices need to upgrade because they don’t support 5G
- The number of users in India also poses a huge challenge in terms of the swift upsurge in mobile broadband consumption and subsequent network congestion
- Switching from 4G to 5G needs infrastructure upgrade, and the development of 5G infrastructure is very expensive
Applications of 5G
- High-speed mobile internet
- Internet of things
- Smart cities
- Smart farming
- Telemedicine services
- Entertainment and multimedia
- Industrial Application
Do you want to learn 5G development, 5G Testing? At prime bit solutions, we offer courses like 5G Protocol Testing Training, 5G Protocol Development Training, 5G NR Testing Training. Contact us now to book free demo sessions.